“ how to lay artificial grass ” Today, many people use artificial grass to decorate their plots. As you can check in google there are many reasons for this. Real grass is quickly trampled and loses its attractiveness. And you don’t always have time to take care of her. Therefore, it is sometimes more advantageous for many to choose such an option for the design of a site or some area.
Table of Contents
What Is Necessary?
Artificial grass is doing really well right now. Outwardly, it resembles grass growing in its natural environment. Most often, such a foundation for plot decoration is sold in rolls, which greatly facilitates future installation.
The basis of artificial grass is an elastic material coated with latex. This makes it protected from any deformation. While this coating is created, special fibers are applied. It can have different thicknesses and densities.
It all depends entirely on the purpose of the lawn. In most cases, the height of the pile can vary from 6 mm to 10 cm. In addition, the color range is very diverse, so you can choose the shade of the lawn for yourself.
All Artificial Grass Can Be Divided According To The Laying Principle.
This type of lawn looks attractive and very natural. An inexperienced person will find it difficult to distinguish it from real grass. Such coatings are most often used to decorate sites where no one walks.
At the same time, it is better to protect the territory. That’s because artificial grass doesn’t “live” for long if they still walk.
Such lawns are intended not only for the decoration of the playground, but also for various children’s and playgrounds. The base is made of very soft polyethylene fibers, which greatly cushions any impact in the event of a fall. When purchasing, be sure to pay attention to the strength of the material. All spaces between fibers should be covered with quartz sand
These lawns are also used to decorate football fields. In addition to sand, for laying, you will also need rubber granulate, which perfectly protects a person from bruises in case of any falls.
Advantages Of Artificial Grass
- The beautiful and aesthetic appearance of the cover is maintained for a long time.They can be used throughout the year both in indoor and outdoor areas;
- The lawn is very resistant to various natural factors;
- These covers protect all areas from weed growth.
- The coating is not afraid of moisture; artificial turf is quite easy to maintain;
- Unlike regular grass, these coatings do not require regular watering and fertilizing.
Disadvantages Of Artificial Grass
One of the disadvantages is that the material cost is very high. In the event that the price is low, most often the material may be of poor quality. An unpleasant fact is that high outside temperatures can cause the lawn to overheat. Well, and the last important point – if the old artificial grass gets bored, you will have to spend a lot of time in order to replace it.
The Following Materials Will Be Required To Lay Such Artificial Grass:
- Suture tape;
- The artificial turf itself;
- Two-component polyurethane adhesive;
- Putty knife;
- A special brush designed to remove glue residue;
- Special knife.
Artificial grass can be laid on different substrates. It can be Concrete, Brick, Earth
How To Lay Artificial Grass On Concrete
Laying on concrete is most often practiced in separate areas for the purpose of landscaping the array, on open terraces and even balconies. With such a covering, you also cannot do without a substrate, so that the grass cover does not wear off quickly on the base.
The shop offers a variety of thin coatings made of porous rubber or special geotextiles.
Securing artificial grass to concrete is accomplished using the following technique, similar to the mechanism for covering a soccer field:
- Initially, the surface is rid of all kinds of debris.
- Artificial turf is gently rolled out with an overlap of 15 mm on top of each other and left for a while so that everything is straightened out.
- The sheet used for covering is evenly trimmed at the seam line so that the edges fit tightly together.
- Then they are glued with tape and glue. The order is the same as in the previous case – the tape is positioned so that the joint passes through it in the middle, and glue is applied on top.
How To Lay Artificial Grass In The Country
In the summer house, laying the lawn is a particularly hard process. This is due to the prior preparation of the soil. In addition, under such conditions, it becomes more difficult to calculate the shape and number of rolls required.
Everything happens as follows:
- The base is being prepared. That is, the earth is cleared of all weeds and debris. If there is such a possibility, it needs to be leveled out, however, this is not always the case. It is also important to keep the soil dry and clean. If there is sand in the yard, it is better not to put the lawn in it, as there is a high risk of warping.
- To Additional liquid drainage from the surface is required to prevent water from pooling under the artificial carpet. As a rule, manufacturers take this into account when creating lawns, but in a summer cottage they can not do without an additional layer of drainage. It is made from fine sieve or crushed stone.
- After the surface and the drainage layer have been prepared, roll out the rolls and lay the carpets joint to joint. When unrolled, they should be left for at least a day to straighten out and take on a new shape. The uneven edges of the roll must be cut off.
- Laying grass carpets are secured with fixing material.
- Unlike conventional lawn mowing techniques, it is recommended to secure the edges with a mounting stapler.
What You Need To Know About The Rules For Operating Artificial Grass
Artificial Grass should be cleaned and soiled, especially on playgrounds.
Layers of granules, sand, crushed stone etc. need to be updated frequently. On average, the procedure is repeated once every 6 months. More updates will be made only if the lawn is used too often (e.g. a soccer field).
It is important to constantly monitor the condition of the lawn, check the seams and check whether there are any discharges.
In the summer cottage, weeds should not germinate on the cover. As soon as they become noticeable, they are removed along with the roots, but very carefully.
Artificial grass is an invention that has become a great alternative to natural grass . Only artificial grass is easier to maintain and cannot fade or overgrow. It is worthwhile to revise the plot with them once, and the result will delight for many years.
Also Read: How to take off acrylic nails at home ?
How To Lay Artificial Grass On A Football Field
For football, as a rule, they use a backfill lawn, the pile of which is from 2 to 5 cm.
Instructions for laying a lawn like this:
- Correct installation begins as soon as the material is unloaded, because the better the material is stored during the work, the longer the field will last. Rolls of synthetic flooring must be unloaded as carefully as possible. For this, Many people use pinned forklifts with a diameter of 10 cm and a length of 3 m, if possible.
- Artificial grass can be placed on both hard and sandy gravel floors. The main thing here is the presence of an elastic and durable substrate with a thickness of not less than 0.8-1 cm. If a thinner material is used, the coating becomes uneven and warping is unavoidable. After the substrate is ready, the process of unfolding the rolls begins. This process must be done strictly according to the site plan. After rolling, let the turf sit for at least 10 hours to allow the turf to fully straighten and remove any previous form of tension.
- Fleece sheets are laid with an overlap of 15 mm and the roll is trimmed to dock in millimeters.
- Other parts can only be glued after achieving a uniform and accurate fit at the seam of the roll. For this, it is important not to forget to trim the edges. Then loosen the edges of each canvas and place the connecting tape (the joint of the canvas should be in the middle of these tapes). The two-component adhesive must then be applied with a spatula. After this procedure, the edges of the canvas are gently lowered. You will have to lift all the villi that are accidentally bent inward until the glue has completely hardened. Each seam is rolled up with a roller.
- In some cases, the marking lines must be sewn not sewn on all fields, but must be sewn after the grass cover is fully glued. Sewing requires strips and special double-edged tools. This tool is needed to make the mark position, apply the glue and carefully insert the tape.
- Another step is to sand the lawn. Calcined quartz sand is used (most often in a proportion of 0.3-0.6 mm). They are thrown away in dry weather. You can do this yourself using common tools. According to the consumption rate per 1 square meter. The sand is evenly distributed throughout the lawn, then combed and given time to settle.
- The last step when laying synthetic turf on a football field is to add rubber granules and comb the turf again. It is recommended that rubber or granules made of rubber have a ratio of 1-3 mm. Granule filling should be repeated approximately 4-6 months after field use. important! Permissible temperatures for regeneration on rubber surfaces: from -30 ° C to + 50 ° C. Such a lawn requires constant cleaning of debris, not forgetting to scrape it several times a year.
For More Articles Visit: Digital Combination